Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Full time - Competitive Salary - Westminster
Mothers’ Union are looking for a commercially astute finance professional with hands-on expertise in charity finance and management, to join as Head of Finance and play a key senior management role at our head office in London.
Established in 1876, Mothers’ Union is a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide. This is an exciting time to join us as Head of Finance as you will have a real opportunity to shape the long-term direction of the organisation, whilst ensuring that strategies for growth and transformation are appropriately funded, and risk properly managed.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Finance will play a key role in ensuring that appropriate strategies to support organisational growth are developed and delivered successfully, as well as being alert to potential for increased efficiency in systems and processes across the organisation. Managing a small and dynamic operational team, the Head of Finance will have overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the Charity and its Trading Subsidiary, (MUEnterprises). They will lead on strategic and operational planning for the organisation, ensuring effective forecasting, budgeting, reporting and risk management.
As Head of Finance, you will:
- Take overall responsibility for all financial aspects of the charity and its trading subsidiary, managing a small and dynamic operational team
- Take ownership of the strategic and operational planning for the organisation and ensure effective forecasting, budgeting, reporting and risk management processes are in place
- Make sure that appropriate strategies to support organisational growth are developed and delivered successfully
- Play a leading role in the organisation’s corporate governance and be accountable for statutory reporting and liaising with our lawyers, accountants, bankers and other professional advisers
- Provide appropriate advice to the volunteer Boards of our affiliated charities, particularly in Britain, to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
To succeed as Head of Finance, you will need:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (i.e. ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Significant experience gained working at a senior level in a commercial or charity sector organisation where you contributed at board level and played a leading role in strategic planning
- A proven ability to lead and manage a team of finance professionals, plan and implement improvement or change programmes and prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Excellent numeracy, strong analytical skills and a good working knowledge of various accounts and database packages
- A self-motivated, results-orientated and hands-on approach and an entrepreneurial mindset focused on raising a team’s performance to achieve strategic targets
- The communication and relationship building skills it takes to liaise effectively with people at all levels and to work with other departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets.
The Head of Finance will participate in and contribute to the spirituality of Mothers’ Union. For this reason the post holder must be a practicing Christian (Occupational requirement Equality Act 2010).
If you would like to apply for this job then please read through our application pack before emailing your CV, completed Equal Opportunities form (below) and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB
To view our most recent accounts please follow this link
Closing date: 17 February 2017