Senior Communications Manager
Up to £40,000 pa
Full time, permanent (35 hours per week)
Mothers’ Union are looking for an exceptional communications professional to join us as Senior Communications Manager and deliver an array of quality communications activities that will raise awareness, drive membership growth and facilitate fundraising.
This is an exciting time to join Mothers’ Union. Established in 1876, we are a membership organisation with over 60 affiliated local charities in Britain and Ireland and over 600 worldwide – and we're still growing. So, if you are an outstanding and accomplished communicator who knows how to influence a variety of stakeholders and manage an array of internal and external communications activities, we could have just the job for you.
Leading a diverse communications team that we are keen to see grow, as Senior Communications Manager, you will:
• Work closely with the Head of Fundraising & Communications to develop and implement a communications strategy and annual communications and PR plan
• Help to devise events, bring a step change to our social media presence, strengthen our profile in the media and ensure consistency of brand and messaging across all channels
• Drive the development of our profile amongst a range of stakeholders, including our membership, government bodies, development organisations and relevant members of the Christian sector
• Write press releases, manage press enquiries, liaise with journalists and media and news agencies, colleagues in fundraising, MU members and the general public
To succeed as Senior Communications Manager, you will need significant experience of working within the communications or PR industry, including planning and delivering a wide range of activities that range from events to targeted media initiatives. You will also have:
• A proven track record gained at a senior level in the commercial or charity sector where you contributed to, and led on, the organisation’s strategic plans
• A high level of numeracy, experience of setting and managing budgets and monitoring, reporting and forecasting against plans and budgets
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, with the ability to produce a variety of documents in a clear, concise, and, where applicable, newsworthy style
• An eye for layout and design, excellent attention to detail , and a proactive, results-driven and ‘hands-on’ approach and experience of working with digital media platforms
• A flair for strategic thinking, experience of leading and managing a multi-disciplined team, and the ability to build strong relationships with our members and supporters and attract new MU members.
The Senior Communications Manager will contribute to our faith discussions and write and review faith based resources. For this reason the post holder must be a practicing Christian (Occupational requirement Equality Act 2010).
Mothers’ Union is unique. We don’t work alongside communities, we work inside communities. We are an exciting and growing grassroots charity with over 4 million members in 83 countries bringing Christian care for families right at the heart of communities worldwide. It is a goal that we actively pursue through our faith, programme work, advocacy and policy campaigns.
To find out more please take a look at our Job Information Pack
If you would like to apply for this job then please send your C.V. and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Mothers’ Union, Mary Sumner House, 24 Tufton Street, London SW1P 3RB